They say time flies when you are having fun and we can't help but agree! This past year has most definitely flown by, but we have so loved creating this space to share with you and we hope you have found some inspiration on simple ways you can create a more Lavish life. There is plenty more where these past 40 episodes have come from - we are just getting started!
Today, we look back on the past year's episodes and share our top 5 tips to creating a home and a life you love. Whether you've been with us from the beginning or you are new around here - consider this list your CliffsNotes or starter's guide to living a Lavish life.
- Episode 2 - Color is Not a Four-Letter Word
- Top take-away: The number one mistake people make is choosing their wall color first. Choose your wall color last to compliment your furnishings and accessories or the wall-color will boss around both you and all of the other elements of the room. Let it be a compliment and not a competitor.
- Episode 6 - Yours, Mine and Ours - Combining Your Stuff Without Breaking Up
- Top take-away: Combining households isn't about keeping tabs on who gets to keep the most stuff - it's about the home you create together. It also provides you with a great opportunity to really take stock of items you truly love. Keep the items you truly love and know there is a way to blend them together - we promise.
- Episode 10 - Get Organized!
- Top take-away: Creating a clutter-free home doesn't have to be sterile or style-less. What getting organized does do is help you to let go of items that you no longer love or find useful, leaving you with a peaceful home as well as peace of mind.
- Episode 20 - Finding Your Vision
- Top take-away: Beginning a design project on your own can seem daunting, but it shouldn't be! Taking the time to find your vision is the first step in creating a home or project that you love. If you are unsure where to even start with finding and creating your vision, create a Pinterest board or Houzz ideabook where you can save any and everything that catches your eye. Don't overthink this step, just take the time to learn what you love! As you review your boards you will find patterns or items and elements that standout to you. There you go, step number one to finding your vision is complete!
- Episode 26 - Bullshit Design Rules
- Top take-away: Design rules are meant to be broken, yet some of these rules have persisted for decades. We are cheating a bit here, but there are way too many good tips in this episode to give you just one. Click through the link and listen again or re-read the show notes whenever you need a refresher and a little boost to help you break those bullshit design rules.
And finally, that tiny tidbit we mentioned in this week's title...we are doing a GIVEAWAY! In celebration of Lavish's first birthday, and in appreciation of all of our amazing listeners, we want to give a gift back to you! We are giving away a completely free 20 minute ask us anything Skype call. The winner can use this call to pick our brains on anything that is stumping them in their home. Need suggestions on how to arrange furniture? You got it! Want a creative idea for a holiday table centerpiece? No problem! Whatever you've got, we are ready to help. All you have to do to enter is simply click in they gray "subscribe" box on the right of this website and sign up for our newsletter. All subscribers who sign up between now and November 23 will be entered to win. The winner will be drawn randomly and announced on social media and notified by email.
Thank you all again for joining us on this journey - we can't wait to see where we can all go from here. :)